COMPLEX OF THE WORLD ART GAMES IN VUKOVAR
WAG ART VILLAGE
- PHASE IN CONCEPTUAL PLANNING -
Vučedol, cp 6976/1, k.o. Vukovar, area 93 823 m2
PURPOSE OF „WAG ART VILLAGE":
- Throughout the whole year it is a gathering place for artists, different artistic expressions, from all around the world.
- Place for maintaining a variety of educational seminars, conferences, art colonies, exhibitions, performances, concerts, ...
- In the Village will be a College which will combined all WAG educational programs (Cultural Management, Art Education, Peace Studies and CDAC – Capability Development for the Arts and Culture)
- Through the variety of activities, fun and friendships will be enlarged artistic connections and integrated acceptance of diversity as a richness of human being
- Children and students from around the world will visit or stay and learn in Art Village, and have opportunity to meet variety of cultures and cultural heritage.
- Complex will be used for cultural tourism, as well
NUMBER AND TYPE OF FACILITY:
- 70 NATIONAL BUNGALOWS - with space for accommodation and studio
- 1 joint facility (space for conducting different programs)
- 1 square (at least) - central outdoor gathering place for residents (participant artists) and guests
- 1 big restaurant (at least 200 people capacity).
- 1 exhibition hall with space for deposition of different types of art
- Bungalows (tourist-type accommodation) for up to 1,000 guests
- 1 administration building complex with necessary premises to accommodate the equipment and machinery for the maintenance of the complex
- Other necessary facilities (transport communications traffic at a standstill, lighting, etc.).
TYPE OF FACILITY:
Storey houses, with gardens
- Common content units and Guests bungalows are subject to investment of investors
- National bungalows have to be financed with 30% of the cost - by each country, from WAG organization, who want to have own facility. Monthly maintenance cost and monthly utility cost will be determined, and will be covered by National Committees.
- Locations is outside the urban areas of the city, surrounded by the main road (state road D2), forest, fields and vineyards (distance to the center of city of Vukovar is aprox. 2 km)
- River Danube and beach is only 1 km away
- In the immediate vicinity (distance 1.3 km) is an archeological park Vučedol with a series of public facilities (conference hall, concert hall, exhibition hall, restaurants, coffy shops, etc.)
- Type – ground floor buildings
- Grouping objects into three parts: the National bungalows, bungalows for guests, shared facilities
- A special emphasis is required on the formation of the complex to the highest standards of energy efficiency and environmental acceptability of the building. Within the complex is acceptable for the installation of renewable generation capacity.
GUIDELINES FOR DESIGN:
- Locations will be linked to the formation of the characteristic features of the nearby archaeological sites and the city itself
- Segment of the National bungalows will, set apart the construction and dimensions, be left to each of the partner countries to designe (building, material, interior decoration and garden decoration). It is necessary to provide landscaping in a manner to minimize disturbance of the integrity of the complex.
- The largest and smallest surface objects, and their arrangement are not defined.
- Preferably, the formation of ground facilities, the construction of a basement is not a requirement.
- Uniformity in the design of facilities is not a requirement.
- Horticultural solution should provide for a combination of permanent and seasonal planting of crops, and planting a combination of high and low plants.
- National bungalows - space for action and exposure to artists, artists living area (kitchen, toilet and sleeping area)
- Guests bungalows - sleeping area, dressing room, small room and common space shared washroom
- Facility shared room - space for fun and recreation, communication space (IT room), conference and training rooms, multimedia facilities, common toilets
- Restaurant - the food preparation area (kitchen, pantry, toilet), space consuming
- Exhibition hall - the exhibition space, administrative space, storage space for art, space for processing and preparation of exhibition activities, storage space for necessary equipment, common toilets
- Management facility - administrative offices, common space, reception, conference hall, space for storage of equipment and machinery for maintenance and supplies the necessary raw materials, technical rooms (laundry, supervision and other necessary facilities)
- Outdoor areas (including the central areas) - park and recreational equipment